Saturday, August 28, 2010

First Model

My first WM related shipment arrived from Wargamer's Cave (thanks Ray). Finally picking up the official rulebook (no relying on the old pdf anymore), a MKII Menoth Deck, and the Exemplar Errant UA. I have never put together a model before so I spent a bit of time googling what I need to do. Here is step one. Pewter is in soap bath, the wood is just some scrap that I am planning on 'converting' to a mobile workspace with some wooden barriers around it and thick-ish cloth (probably canvas) to limit sliding around and the like. (Ignore the pile of resumes and cover letters sitting under the book - yay unemployment.)


Washed them, here are my 13 pieces to put together. There isn't much in the way of 'flash lines' I can find (but again, I've never put one together before) but there are gaps in the shoulder. It is a tiny area, so I don't know if the moldable epoxy/green stuff is my best option. I need to look into what I might use in a smaller/harder to get to area.

So far I can see how everything fits together except the spaulders. They may just kind of rest on top though. Only big worry is how it will fit on the standard bearer - there is very little room between his head and the standard.

Speaking of the standard bearer - the banner pole is very pliable. It has me worried about long-term stability. I may need to cut the bottom of the pole off and pin it if/when I get a pin vise (not even sure if that is the best way to do it, but looks like the best option).

So far so good...of course all I did was wash.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the Iron Kingdoms :) with that model list, it certainly seems like you've got your work cut out!

    Hope you enjoy the game, as it really is a good one!

    Lofty

    ReplyDelete