Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Point Levels

As a side note, I had a discussion recently about 35 v. 50 point games. One person was saying that they preferred 50 point games because you can 'take whatever you want' while I said I much preferred 35 point games for exactly that reason - you can't take everything you want, you have to make more strategic decisions about what you want. Everything is a tradeoff, if you take the big expensive jack you might lose out on support - if you take all the support you might not get to take all 4 jacks you want, etc. To me building the list is part of the fun, and I just don't see that as 'enjoyable' in 50 points as it is in 35.

Just my thoughts. What does the blog-reading public think?  Leave a comment with your opinion on point levels and reason - I am interested to hear where people stand.

2 comments:

  1. IMO there are armies that are more powerful at the 35 level than others. While at 50 all army are more or less equal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smaller can often be better, restricted choices makes for more intense games. Nothing wrong with massive Kursk scale battles, but sometimes its the commando actions that get the pulse racing.

    ReplyDelete