Friday, November 12, 2010

Uh Oh, accidental second faction, Malifaux, and conversion

So over the past couple of weeks I have made some pseudo-accidental acquisitions.  My trading off of extra and/or unused models and units has gone pretty well.  I have nearly completed my Protectorate collection (my collection being models that I want - all that I want that I don't have is Daughters of the Flame and the Fire of Salvation).

So I picked up some Legion of Everblight and two Malifaux starters.

So far my Legion army consists of:
Saeryn, eLylyth
Carnivean, Seraph
3x Shredders
One complete Forsaken (and another missing an arm)
And a Totem Hunter

Total of a little over 25 points and two caster options.  I will be using it as a way to get a better handle on Hordes rules and it provides a second battle box (proxying pLylyth in for eLylyth) if and when I have friends who want to try out the game.  We also have a bunch of people who are starting at my LGS - so I have a force that I would be happy to play smaller games with them.

I also ended up with both the Lilith and Zoraida Malifaux starters.  I am really on the fence about these guys - I have never played a Malifaux game and don't really have the ability to commit a second night to playing a different gaming system (with the new baby time with my wife is at a premium and I am lucky to get a night off to game, much less two nights).  I am probably going to try and trade this off for more Legion (or my last bits of Menoth) models if I can.  Starting a second faction also makes me wish that the sites were still up where you could sell World of Warcraft accounts as I could probably get enough to afford a decent Legion army, oh well.

Conversion
I picked up a plastic warjack kit built as the Scourge of Heresy and also got the extra plastic bits for each of the other jacks (Templar, Vanquisher, Crusader).  My hope was that I could find a way to undue the superglue bonds and magnetize the whole thing.  Problem is that the only thing I know of that reliably eats away super glue (acetone) also eats away PPress plastic.  Looks like he will become a Scourge/Templar hybrid.

I may try to trim off the Flail and magnetize it as a Flail-Mace, and then add some flames to the mace.  This would give me a Templar/Scourge/FoS hybrid (putting the stacks on for the character jacks).  I'm not sure if this would pass for tournaments when I want to run the FoS, but for casual play I am sure it would be fine.

If I could only figure out how to get rid of the superglue without damaging the plastic...

1 comment:

  1. I haven't tried the PP plastics in it, but I've never had any problems with Simple Green and plastic (i.e. bases). It dissolves the cheaper super glues and weakens the bonds from the gel super glues. Simple Green is just a generic cleaning product, but you can find it in concentrate in many supermarkets. If not, I think I've heard of ppl using Pine-Sol and such.

    ReplyDelete