Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Beginning

So I hope that this blog will follow the start of my miniatures endeavors. I am your typical geek – fantasy novels, video games, and a love of all things Tolkien. But I have never played a miniatures game. I have played wargames and am an avid German board-gamer (if you are unfamiliar, check out San Juan or Settlers of Catan – Caylus if you love strategy), I have never taken the plunge into miniatures mainly because of the prohibitive entry cost to Warhammer. I didn’t know there was anything besides Warhammer. Having discovered the Warmachine-Hordes Privateer Press games…I think this might be dangerous.

I have never painted or put together a miniature, I have never used a ruler to move a piece, and I don’t know the rules. I am going to be making decisions about which faction(s) I want to play and am going to be talking about the decision making process and anything I learn on this blog.

Hopefully.

I have never had a blog before besides keeping family in touch so I hope I keep this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment