Wednesday, May 19, 2010

More Discoveries

While poking around the intertubes I have made a few more interesting discoveries. The first is the Iron Agenda Blogging Network which has a great collection of blogs of all different types related to the Iron Kingdom (Privateer Press' world for Warmachine and Hordes) and Miniatures. I'm really hoping to find some painting tutorials if/when I actually get miniatures in hand.


The second dicovery was BarterTown a forum/site designed for miniature trading and purchasing/selling. Hoping I can pick up a battlebox/starting minis at some kind of discount from there. One of the attractions of Privateer Press is that they have a lower 'initial investment' cost when compared to Games Workshop. Even though they are cheaper - I buy most everything used, I don't know why this would be different.


My final discovery was that there is a Vassal module for Warmachine-Hordes. I have played a couple of boardgames on Vassal before, and would love to try out WM/H via Vassal (since I haven't made it down to my game store to try out a live game). The community playing seems to be small, though, and how friendly it would be to someone with no clue, is yet to be determined.


Hopefully I can get down to the local gaming store and get a demo in, but if not Vassal may be a good stand in.

2 comments:

  1. The IABN is an excellent source of reading material, and I'm glad to see you've taken the step to join up as you share your own initial experiences with Warmachine and Hordes :)

    There's also a bracket of podcasts out there if you're so inclined, all available through the magic of the interwebs and itunes:

    Iron Agenda
    Lost Hemisphere Radio
    Guts n Gears
    Boosted Damage
    Focus & Fury
    Out of Formation
    The Prime Generation

    ReplyDelete